Another day in Dogville

my day to day life living with 3 minpin, 1 rott/lab mix, 2 cats....

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Chain Reaction

It's 5:30am... well it's not really but just picture it is. I'm taking the dogs out to go potty and then it time to eat. as i'm getting monks leash ready (he can't go outside without it or he sometimes jumps the fence) monk steps on Dash's back leg making him cry out in his little bubby pain.. my first reaction is.. grab my poor little bubby and make sure he's okay... and as I do that and make sure his leg isn't broken.. I realize that Sharona and Sammy have started an all out fight... sharona has her pinned on the ground.. it's really ugly.. I grab sharona by the scruff of her neck and pick her up.. she's barking like a mad woman.... I put her on the steps behind the baby gate and try to get everyone to calm down.. Sharon is still barking....

After taking everyone out and feeding them.. it seams they are all okay.... i'm really surprised that Sammy doesn't have any bleeding wounds...... Dog skin is thick... I had to learn the hard way that not to EVER grab Sammy when they fight.. We've had Sharona since she was a puppy and she learned to NEVER bite a person... But Sammy comes from a different background... And she will bite you as she's only seeing RED when she's pissed off....

But what a fucking morning.. i was going to stay up and try to break this habit of going back to sleep until 10am.. but i didn't I went back to bed.. i got up at 9:30 however so that is a step in the right direction...

Needless to say... I'm super worried about when I have to board the dogs. Sharona and Sammy will be in different runs so they should be okay.. and I need to remember that dogs are not the same when they go away from their homes... alot of times they act a lot better around other people.. lets hope that is true.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lazybones, get outta bed! :-) Sounds like some serious shenanigans this a.m. Poor Bubs...

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Angie's Tiny Universe said…

    Bring Bubby with you! It would be great to see him again. : )

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Paula said it was okay that I sleep in. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home