Another day in Dogville

my day to day life living with 3 minpin, 1 rott/lab mix, 2 cats....

Friday, June 10, 2005

New dog toy

So after Matt and I got married we moved in together. His one comment about living with me was that it was like living with a college freshman due to the fact I just leave my clothes where ever on the floor at night when I'm getting ready for bed and don't really pick them up until it's time to wash them..... so before me moved to Portland we had a chair that I would put my clothes on at least to keep them off the floor... Well now that matt isn't here full time.... I'm back to leaving my clothes on the floor... I think the dogs are trying to take over for matt at nagging me to pick up my clothes as I've lost many a bra to the pins chewing on them and playing tug a war with them and breaking straps... I guess this is also how I lost my glasses last month... I have learned to put my shoes away however as Sharona LOVES to chew on shoes... Just need to not be so lazy at night I guess.... Plus I needed some new bra anyway...

So this morning.. We got up at 6am.. went outside, came inside and ate, went outside once more and then came back in to go back to bed for a while.. back in SD i would have stayed up and got ready for work and stuff... but now that I kind of work from home... I went back to bed.. I love this by the way.. what the hell was I thinking before.. getting up early all the time.. my body clock still wakes me up at 5:30 - 6.. but now it's letting me go back to bed.... anyway.. the pins did sleep for a while.. but then sharona and dash got up and started to play..

no big deal as long as no one is barking at me... Sharona...... the barking queen was barking at me.... 10 minutes I tell her.. then i'll get up okay.. now SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! No go.. still barking.... FINE! i'll get the FUCK up.... so i sit up in bed and my hand lands on a piece of paper.... I look at it.... the first thought is "boy matt is going to be mad at me." and my second thought is... "boy that was dumb of me.. i know better. wish i was less lazy sometimes." in my hand was a ripped up 10 dollar bill... FUCK... 10 bucks out the window.... or at least into a minpin tummy... so i wonder into the bath room to find the jeans i had left on the floor just to make sure they didn't eat any coins.... and then I see the 20 dollar bill ripped up on the floor... FUCK now matt is going to be really pissed.... and I'm kind of pissed to, but what am I going to do... I didn't catch them in the act... that was a really nice 30 dollar dog toy.. I pick up the jeans and reach into the pocket to make sure there are still coins in the pocket.. yes there is. thank goodness they aren't as dumb as i sometimes think they are... and I also pull out 2 one dollar bills... WHAT THE FUCK guys.... eat the ones!!!! NOT the big bills! So then I look at them... and say... well you just ate the dog toys i might have gotten for you this month.. Hope you liked them.... it means nothing to them.. they are dogs, as my good friend Bruce likes to remind me... and i'm just a dumb lazy human who the dogs are trying very hard to train to be a good human. I think i might suggest they try clicker training instead of barking at me and destroying everything.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously, your dogs recognize fine currency when they see (and smell) it. .. I'd like to think that when Franka munches on my most expensive pair of shoes and eats the belt loops off my most favorite pair of jeans that its because, well, she loves me. Right? I mean, of course, cuz, I wouldn't think she'd see any value in munching on my $11.99 Payless shoes. Apparently your dogs also suffer from good taste (pun intended)...

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog is very interesting. It has a lot of content rich information that I am looking for today. handmade dog blanket stuff is what I am searching for and I thank you very much for your blog. Great creativity!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home