Another day in Dogville

my day to day life living with 3 minpin, 1 rott/lab mix, 2 cats....

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday Again

So today was pretty eventful. I took Dash to Lexidog for a little dog play group. I enjoyed it, Dash ran around freaked out as this is the first time since moving to Portland he's been away from the other dogs. Poor little guy had his little nub tail tucked as deep as he could get it. One thing I find interesting is that the dog parkish people in portland are not as nice as the dog park people in San Diego. Some people talked to me... and I talked to some people but all in all they were to cool for school... I think it was partly that at we were at Lexidog and those are the kind of people that go there... but when i took Monk to a park to play fetch a few months back the people were the same way. Next weekend I'm going to take Dash and Sharona and think he'll feel better about it with her there also.

I did run into Liz who is the girlfriend of a woman that I work with at TCS. Liz had Bell their dog with her and Bub did play with her a little... but he was really freaked. One thing the I found interesting about Bell is she weights less then bub.... and they had one of those metal prong collars on her to keep her from pulling... OKAY.. she's like 7 fucking pounds... come on.... her neck was all red... COME ON..... anyway..... i'll work on that one... I also heard someone say he wondered if dash was named after that republican Thomas Dashiell... I said FUCK NO he's named after the writer you dumb ass posser fuck.... he was not talking to me but i felt the need to correct him... like I like to do.

I also took monk on a walk when I got home, he liked that... it was nice.... but I have to say i'm pretty board.... so i've been reading and I'm almost done with my book.... and I'm been working on the TTouch that I learned on Saturday to help Sharona not bark so much so Crazy Eye Killer next door with pipe the fuck down.... TTouch is pretty cool, monk starts to drool when I do it on him.... and sharona tries to run away, which is not really the reaction that I'm looking for.. so i'll keep trying... At this point all the dogs are pretty much used to Holland now.. and Holland is slowing warming up to the idea of little dogs... And I think their barking has been pretty much in check but i know that Crazy Eye Killer will never be happy..

So i'm going to go back to reading..... all the dogs are sleeping, i think they are board too....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor crazee eye killa. She'll never be satisfied. This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

    It's funny to think that anyone with a small dog could think they were "too cool" for anything... :-)

    And it's sad to see that more people identify Dashiell with fascist GOP Senator Thomas Daschle, a guy whose legacy will be remembered as part of the chickenhawk robber barons and more corruption than any other White House back to Harding, with Mister Dashiell Hammett, one of Americas greatest authors, creator of the noir novel, and war hero.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger brett said…

    we used to go to lexi for the chihuahua sundays in the winter. while there was a vibe of too cool for school, for us it was more the location and not the people. we were always engaged and met people and chatted. it was fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home