Another day in Dogville

my day to day life living with 3 minpin, 1 rott/lab mix, 2 cats....

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Little Dogs

I had to take Dash to the eye vet the other day... he's got thick eyelids, and his eyes water a lot... "like he's in discomfort" quote from vet.... so my reward for being such a good dog mommy that I would take my dog to an eye vet is that I get to give the little fucker eye drops twice a day.....

Dash and I both dread this time of day. First it starts with me putting his muzzle on as he will try to bite the eye dropper when i get it near him... then he gets wrapped in the purple towel so that when I start to bring the eye dropper near him and her starts to struggle to get the hell out of my arms he can not rip me apart with those little minpin claws... Then we sit.. I rub his neck and try to get him to calm down I tell him if he's good he'll get some cheese.... he looks at me like. "okay momma, I can do this, I'm ready." so I reach over to get the eye drops and he FREAKS!!!!! FREAKS!!!! he knows the sound of the dropper coming out of the bottle.... this all goes on for about 10 minutes.... and at some point i think that maybe one or two of the drops that have fallen near his eyes will work their way to where they need to go... So we sit and calm down again. I take the muzzle off... we sit..... he's calm, we breath, I put him down on the ground... all is good...

Then Monk comes and licks Dashes head for about 15 minutes to get all the extra eye drops off of him. Dash likes and hates this at the same time.... all the time sharona is BARKING her head off at us...... It's nice. This happens twice daily.. come and watch if you want, it's fun....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Angie's Tiny Universe said…

    Poor little Dash. It took me a long time to get used to eye drops too. Maybe he will realize how nice his eyes feel afterward and start to look forward to getting them.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps Monk's magical doggy saliva will heal Dash's eyes and he will no longer have to use drops at all!

    Do your dogs lick each other's ears for hours at a time, too? Come to my house and witness the ear licking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home